Saturday, July 10, 2010

Snickerdoodles


This is my favorite snickerdoodle recipe I've tried so far. I really think it has good flavor because it uses shortening AND butter. Most other recipes I've tried only have the shortening and I think they are a little bland. If anyone out there thinks they have a GREAT snickerdoodle recipe send it my way. I'd love to try it!



1 3/4 cups sugar

1 Tbs cinnamon

2 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp cream of tartar

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

8 Tbs (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened

1/2 shortening

2 large eggs



Preheat oven to 375. Mix 1/4 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.

Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside also.

Cream the butter, shortening, and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar together on medium speed for about 5 min. Beat in the eggs.

On low speed, add the dry ingredients.

With wet hands, form cookies into balls and roll in the cinnamon/sugar bowl.

Cook for about 10-12 minutes. Once out of the oven, leave them on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment